Thursday, March 17, 2011

Verona

Sorry for the delayed update, I have been very busy this week with papers, presentations and tests! Last week I was officially certified in Kepner-Tregoe Problem Solving Decision Making Skills. It was a long and sometimes boring process but I’m glad I did it.
Last Thursday we had out second formal dinner. It was held at Hotel Belvedere in Bassano del Grappa. Elena and I, pictured below, had a great time.


Friday night was Add a Seat to the Table night. I was expecting to be paired with a family, but it ended up being a little different. Susanna, Kiara, and Marco are three students at Instituti Filipino that Elena, Ben and I were paired with. Along with Susanna’s boyfriend Luca, they took us to our favorite Pizzeria in Asolo. We all got to know each other over some delicious pizza then headed to the Cafe Centrale for gelato.  They are all such nice people and I really enjoyed getting to know them.

Saturday morning a group of us headed to Verona for the day. Verona is most well know as the home of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. We stopped by Juliet’s wall (above) to sign our name and touch her sculpture for good luck. Verona is the birthplace of Leonardo DaVinci as well as the home of the Verona Arena, the most well-preserved arena in Italy. 






We explored all around the city, even crossing the river and hiking to an old church at the top of a big hill. The views of Verona from the top were absolutely breathtaking.





Tomorrow, Elena and I are taking a train to Rome where we are meeting my mom!! On Tuesday, we fly to Barcelona to see Emitta for a couple days then head back to Venice until Saturday. I am so excited to see my mom and have some homemade chocolate chip cookies!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment